Our data protection policy sets out our commitment to protecting personal data and how we implement that commitment with regards to the collection, storage and use of personal data in order to meet the company’s data protection standards and to comply with the law.
The policy exists to ensure that Glassbond (NW) Ltd complies with data protection law, protects the rights of staff and customers, is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data and protects itself from the risk of a data breach.
Date protection principles
1. Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully
2. Personal data shall be obtained only for specific, lawful purposes
3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive
4. Personal data shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date
5. Personal data shall not be held for longer than necessary
6. Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
7. Personal data shall be protected in appropriate ways
8. Personal data shall not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless that country or territory also ensures an adequate level of protection in relation to the processing of personal data.
This policy applies to all employees of Glassbond (NW) Ltd and all partners or suppliers working on behalf of the company, in all aspects of the requirements of General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
Glassbond (NW) Ltd aims to ensure that individuals are aware that their data is being processed and that they understand how the data is being used and finally, how to exercise their rights. To these ends, a privacy notice informing staff and customers as to what information is held, what it is used for and how long it is kept for will be available on the company website.
In addition, all individuals who have data relating to them held by Glassbond (NW) Ltd will be informed of the nature of the data the company holds and how to request access to it. Individuals may periodically be informed of their need to inform the company of any changes to and how to update their personal data.